David H. Everett


My name is David H. Everett. I'm a Southern California native. As far back as I can remember, I always had to have my hands in something - whether it was "Play-Doh" or finger paints, I have always had a need to create. Over the years I've worked in many different mediums, including watercolors, acrylics, quilt making and soft sculpture. It wasn't until I started working in papier-maché that I really felt "at home!"

Using my background as a professional Graphic Designer, I design my creations based on the inspiration that I find in vintage toys and traditional folk art images of the past. Of course, I put my own unique and twisted touch on everything I create! The Chicken Lips studio is smack dab in the middle of 1.5 acres in a small, rural Southern California town. My chickens, goats, and a goose named Betty are a constant source of inspiration. And my faithful dog "Gus" is always by my side.

I work primarily in the clay medium, sculpting each and every creation by hand (no, I do not use any moulds). Each sculpted piece is given a primer coat of gesso, painted in acrylics, sealed, details are added in oil paints, more sealing, staining, and then sealed again. It's a lot of work, but each piece has it's own individual character - one that will hopefully bring a smile to your face for many years to come. Besides selling Chicken Lips here online, I also travel to several quality arts and crafts shows throughout the year.

Visit David at Chicken Lips

Sneak Peek:




Video Art Portfolio:


No comments: